Below are some of the happenings at Van Meter:
- Our secondary staff is doing an outstanding job of integrating technology into their teaching. We currently have 16 of 22 teachers with a wiki or a blog. We have several teachers that have had students create many items ranging from podcasts, to comic life stories, to iMovies. Students and teachers are learning together. It is very exciting to see so many students and teachers engaged in the learning process.
- We are working on getting students email accounts and hope to have those up and going before the end of the week.
- Enrollment is up 14 students in the secondary building. We have had to move desks to make sure there is enough seating in classrooms and we are working on adding a 3rd lunch shift to accommodate all of our students in the cafeteria.
- We will be finalizing our move to the new office on Monday, September 14. We should be ready to do business on Tuesday, September 15. The office looks great. It will be a more accommodating location for visitors and allow us to provide a safer environment for our students.
- Remember that Wednesday, September 9 is a 2:15 dismissal and that on Monday, September 14, students will not have school due to teacher professional development activities.
I hope all of you had a great Labor Day Weekend. We are moving into our 3rd week with the Macs and so far all seems to be going well. If you have questions or concerns about anything, you can contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me (515) 996-2221 ext. 101. I will try to get back in contact with you ASAP. I look forward to working with you.